- The client was launching a major new Go-To-Market strategy with a large field sales force. A high percentage of the sales people were new to the company and needed to be brought up to speed on the sales strategy while also learning the vast array of products, services, customers, and markets. They needed to implement a process that would enable the sales force to meet challenging quarterly sales quotas and to improve overall sales forecasting ability.
- The goal of the project was to provide strategy, tools and territory planning skills and integrate it with both the 1999 Go-To-Market Model and the Solution Selling methodology used by the company.
- A Territory Planning and Account Planning program was developed to aid in managing territories and relationships. The project included sourcing, evaluating and recommending a vendor for territory/account planning methodology.
- Upon selection, we worked with the client’s sales operations staff to customize the program to integrate with the company’s sales process.
- The program was launched in the field across the country in 4 major training sessions.
- In year two, a District Manager coaching program was added to assist them in coaching/managing to the territory and account plans with their sales representatives.
- Established a standard methodology for evaluating and planning activities within defined sales territories by account managers.
- Enabled the company to view the year in advance to assess strengths and weaknesses in addressing market segments.
- Enabled District Managers to work with their sales representatives in building a pipeline and moving into new areas.
- Gave sales representatives the skill set to evaluate opportunities within their patch and to make strategic and tactical decisions on how to meet their sales goals.